My employer had a gal come in today I thought was just awesome. I learned a few things.
Like.. did you know?
- Put your tennies, a flashlight and a whistle under your mattress
- Keep a whistle on your keychain
- Keep a crank operated Radio (really, I have a crank flashlight but I didn’t know they made these!)
- Use an old, small roller suitcase for a homemade emergency kit
- Have only Ones and Fives on hand because nobody will be able to make change, and my favorite:
- You can use C Cell batteries for D Cell batteries in a pinch, you just have to put cotton or tape around them to make the big enough to fit the space and make sure the tips line up! I did not know that!
The presenter handed out some great information booklets from these fine organizations:
I thought this is great, who ever thinks of financial planning during a disaster?
Usually we focus on health and safety, but look:
Really good information to think about.
More financial information!
Lots of it:
And finally, some good resources:
If you are interested in these booklets call the Red Cross or write:
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Now I better get busy and read, because I am one who tries to be prepared!
Are you prepared for events in your area?