Today, I’m home getting my kid ready for her trip and organizing my paperwork.
I got together all the Trustee Payments stubs and put them together, this will make it really easy to find them in case they say they never got it, or whatever.
I got together all my Mortgage Payment receipts since the beginning of the BK so that I would have them as well. You just never know!Check!
I called my Student Loan provider to ask them some questions about some things I have noticed on my account and that went well.
Then I decided, well, lets take a look at my taxes. So I got out my manila folder full of statements and receipts and started plugging in the numbers.
And here was the bottom line:
Now you know that the Trustee gets my REFUNDS for the next FIVE YEARS! I cannot apply that $1266.00 to my Federal tax due. I am so screwed.
I have to come up with $2524.00 by April 15th.
I freaked out, cried, and almost had a heart attack due to heart palpitations!
I decided not to send in the Turbo Tax eFile. I need a second opinion. So I called my old tax guy and will take the stack to him tomorrow and hopefully he can figure it out and maybe I did something really wrong. He will cost me about 200.00.
The hits keep coming! OMG, keep your fingers crossed. But I have to get a professional to look at this mess!
Here is why I think I owe.
- I re-fied this year and paid less interest on 1st. mortgage
- I stopped paying the 2nd. mortgage. and I don’t have that interest deduction
- My kid is now 13 and no longer get a tax daycare credit
- Then there was this, the FSA fiasco, so maybe I am paying the piper on that as well…AND…
- I claimed married for awhile because I didn’t want to get a refund. Now, wasn’t that just brilliant?
Please keep your fingers crossed for me, the universe has got to cut me some slack!!!