I just don’t know what to eat anymore because I have “food issues”. But… I’m doing really great just eating healthy food.
This isn’t a food blog, but I do like to post recipes that I find and love.
This is one of those recipes.
Also, I found this recipe on a really cute website! Click on the image to go to the site.
Here’s her recipe:
- 2 boxes organic chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 3-4 small)
- several potatoes
- 1/2 to 1 whole yellow onion (depending on the intensity you’re going for)
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves (adjust according to preferred need and taste)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups carrots
- 4 or 5 stalks celery
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite-size pieces, then place into pot with one box chicken broth over medium heat.
- Chop onion and celery into small pieces and add to pot. Stir.
- Using a garlic press, crush garlic directly into pot.
- Add chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, and the second box of broth.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for extra cleansing boost. (Optional.)
- Simmer over medium heat until all vegetables are fork tender (about 45 minutes to an hour).
I got busy and got all my ingredients together. I actually had two boxes of broth, but one was MIA until later!
I also used frozen onion and celery because that is what I had on-hand. It came out so good!
I leave my potatoes in big chunks because I LOVE it that way!
Add some bread and butter and there you have it.
So yummy and so healthy! I ate two bowls for dinner and had it again for lunch!
The best! Just in time for winter.
Thanks Marathon Mom!