If I was going to tag this post, (I probably won’t because I am really bad about blog housekeeping) I would tag it under Chapter 13 Stress.
Lots going on and I need to get it off my chest. It does help to blog vent…. temporarily.
Let me list the things that are coming up that cost money and cause me stress, and lots of it.
- The HOA board is discussing a Special Assessment for some structural damage on the buildings. Oh… let see, up to 10K a piece/owner. OMG…. This is my biggest stress! I hate being on the board, my voice does not matter and just hearing all the drama might not be such a good idea after all. I thought maybe I should be aware of these things. However, if you can’t do anything about them, then what is the point? Thoughts?
- Car maintenance, I need tune up, probably brakes as well and all 4 tires are bad. Really bad.
- My kid is going to want/need a car in the next couple of years. I have nothing saved, nothing. We all know how much a car costs plus the cost of getting Driver Ed, Insurance, maint…..
- My kids golf is costing a fortune. Right now she is concentrating on High School golf and I’m not paying any tourney fees/dues until November. I do still take her to the clinics on Saturday when I can. But in November I need to come up with membership dues and cost of the next tourney.
- I have that trip to Cabo coming up and I really haven’t been able to save much for that. The flights and room are paid for. But we have no money to do anything while we are there! OMG, that was the stupidest thing I have ever done…. recently that is.
- My couch is falling apart. The cats have used it for a scratch post and its over 10 years old.
Classy. Stinky. Classy. Stinky…
- The gasket on my refrigerator ripped, so I used duct take repair it. Classier. I can buy a new gasket and replace it and plan to look into that in the next couple of months. I already learned how to do it on YouTube. But really, I have never seen a ripped gasket before.
- I just bought a ton of school clothes for my kid and paid over $300.00 for all her school registration stuff, but I think I missed the traveling fee for her sport AND now they have new golf uniforms as well, I have no idea how much that is gonna cost.
- I want to take an art class in January. Probably can’t afford it. I really want to take that class.
- My kids wisdom teeth are coming in. That surgery to remove them is not covered on insurance. I need to get those looked at before FSA sign up at work so I know how much to deduct.
- Christmas is coming.
- Taxes are coming.
It’s a wonder I can sleep at night. Its no wonder that wine has become a staple at my house. Its no wonder I have gained a few pounds and increased the wrinkle count on my face. Its not wonder I lose my temper and am constantly distracted and scattered.
I honestly think that getting into this Chapter 13 was probably not the best Idea. I am coming up on 2 years. I still have 3 years to go and it’s a freaking nightmare each and every month. Its crawling by. There is no end in sight. Do you think once I hit the half way mark I will feel like I am on the other side of the grade? On the downhill slide?
OMG…I don’t wish this on anybody. Have I been whining a lot, sorry!! 😉
Heavy sigh… and gulp, this glass of Pinot tastes divine!
See you tomorrow! Happy Friday!~